Chronicles of one girl's journey to London - from conception to eventual migration.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

HELLO OLD FRIEND

The title of this post perfectly decribes how it feels to visit London. I feel like I am back where I belong. No matter what happens in my life, and no matter where I end up, I think London will always hold some magic for me.

I was just there for the weekend for Qas' birthday. I booked this trip back when I was employed and had very few days to take for holiday. Now, I have all the time in the world but no spare money so can't warrant spending an extra $300 to extend the trip for 3 days when Qas will be here in 6 weeks for Misha's wedding (have I mentioned on here before that my sister is getting married?).

So, I left Thursday night on a red-eye and arrived at Gatwick Friday morning. Qas picked me up and, oh my goodness, it was so good to see him. And then we walked into an M&S and the feeling of Ahh home really sunk in.

We stayed in St. Alban's which was nice because it meant we could see a lot of Jayne and Ste who live not too far away in Watford.

On Friday, after a quick nap, we went to Wagamama's (of course) and, because we are "movie buddies", to see Oz. It's not too bad but not amazing. Very scenic cinematography though. After, we dropped by Jayne's where the best surprise was that Etch would be there!

For those mutual friends/readers, you will know that Etch now lives in Portugal. He planned to surprise Qas with an appearance for his birthday weekend - a surprise I had ruined on purpose on Friday morning because it's impossible for me to keep most things from Qas.

Saturday was the big birthday party and BIG it was. Over 20 of Qas' friends showed up to dinner alone and it really seemed like everyone was there. The one absence I have to admit I felt was Zab's though (guilt trip).

Sunday was a day out in London because, you know, the magic and then super early Monday morning I was back on a plane back to Toronto.

I can't wait to go back . . . for always!

No comments:

Post a Comment